Note: This is a 2-part workshop program, which also includes a monthly follow up support network.
Workshop 1: November 2019 | Workshop 2: April 2020.
Regular catchups will be organised between workshops to support participants implementing management changes on their own farm. Participation at both workshops and the support network is encouraged to benefit from this unique opportunity.
Day 1 - Key concepts of Grazing Naturally
- Principles of soil health - the importance of soil cover and depth
- How living organisms build soil and the carbon cycle
- Managing and maximising available water
- The relationship between management decisions and landscape function
Day 2 - Practical application
- The natural functions of a grazing ecosystem
- How to run stock for best outcomes in the growing season and non-growing season
- Matching stocking rate to carrying capacity
- Developing grazing plans
- Location Wondai QLD
- Date 16 November 2019 - 17 November 2019
- Time 9am - 5pm